Collidion, Inc. and its subsidiaries,
Plex Pharmaceuticals & Avenlogics, Inc.
Founded in 2015, Collidion, Inc. is a private healthcare company with two subsidiaries, Avenlogics, Inc. and Plex Pharmaceuticals. Collidion strives to improve the future of global healthcare through the acquisition, licensing, development, and commercialization of drugs and medical devices for various markets. Collidion invests industry expertise and capital to develop these technologies into recognizable solutions for patients and medical professionals. Collidion values innovation, scientific rigor, collaboration and a passion for change.
Plex Pharmaceuticals is a scientifically-driven company with a vision to improve the lives of patients with complex diseases and conditions. The company is focused on the treatment of diseases generally caused by protein misfolding: ALS, Parkinson’s disease, and cataracts. The company was founded in 2009. Plex has a rich pipeline of drug discovery programs and a dedicated scientific team. Plex’s drug discovery lab and operations are located in San Diego, California.
Avenlogics, Inc., Collidion’s subsidiary, is focused on the development and commercialization of several anti-infective based products. The Company’s pipeline of antimicrobial products addresses a growing need for alternative therapies to effectively treat infections caused by antimicrobial resistant pathogens. Collidion’s solutions include several antimicrobial platforms with potential applications in human and animal medicines, wound care, surface disinfection, and improved safety for the food supply chain. The company is located alongside with Collidion, Inc in Petaluma, CA.
Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Biology
Plex Pharmaceuticals (www.plexpharma.com), a small biotechnology company which is developing novel protein folding drugs, has an opening for a Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist.
The successful candidate will contribute to drug discovery efforts by performing compound screening in biochemical and cell-based assays, as well as assisting in assay development for further characterization of compounds. Under supervision the Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist will:
- Use appropriate cellular models for neurodegenerative and other diseases for assaying cell death, neuroprotection, and biomarker assays
- Perform enzyme assays, binding assays, reporter assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blot analysis, and ELISAs
- Develop and troubleshoot new cell-based and biochemical assays
- Identify and develop strategies to contribute to drug discovery projects and grant applications
- Support day-to-day needs of the lab and company
Education Qualification and Experience:
- BA, BS, or MS in biology, neuroscience or related field with 2-5 years of relevant industry/academic experience
- Experience in cell culture and cell-based assays. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in models of neurodegeneration
- Knowledgeable with a broad range of laboratory equipment
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications is required
- Experience and knowledge in use of GraphPad Prism software
- Sound critical thinking capabilities, with the ability to work independently to plan experiments, interpret and analyze data
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment
- A self-motivated, independent worker who can identify needs and take initiative to address them
- Strong commitment to work as a team and strong interpersonal skills
Plex is a casual, friendly work environment with an attractive benefit package which includes: paid time off, company paid medical & dental plans.
Plex Pharmaceuticals is an EOE
To be considered for this positions please submit your Resume/CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org